11/18/2014

“FOLLOW YOUR HEART: SUMMER LOVE” BY JILL SANTOPOLOS: THE ULTIMATE DO-IT-YOURSELF ROMANCE


RATING GUIDE:
 
6 – Life-Affirming and Life-Changing!
5 – A keeper!   
4 – Very good
3 –  Passable
2 –  I’d rather read a telephone book
1 – An absolute bomb.  Read at your own risk!
0 – Nothing will compensate for what I lost reading this book 
 

Remember the concept of permutations and combinations in Statistics class?  Well, author Jill Santopolos has made clever use of those concepts in her fun book, “Follow Your Heart:  Summer Love”.  In this book, the reader has the freedom to literally create her own love story by choosing among the options that Santopolos presents within the book.

Sadly, I had a very short-lived experience “writing” my own “love story” for my “story” ended barely fifteen minutes after I had chosen some of Santopolos’ options.  I don’t know about you, but a fifteen-minute romance is not satisfying, at all.  Maybe I’ll be luckier next time … that is, if I’ll even have the time and the patience to write my own love story (wait, shouldn’t that be the author’s job?). 

If you’re into fluff and imagining yourself as the heroine, then you might enjoy the fun offered by “Follow Your Heart:  Summer Love”.  Personally, while I find the concept cute and interesting, I would still prefer a book with a lot more substance.

RATING:  2

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento